As dinner is simmering on the stove, I thought I would drop in to say hello.
So, how is everyone?? I hear from some of you from time to time…and I pray for you and your families. I hope all is well in your homes.
I’m feeling more nauseated by the day. I think that’s a good thing, though I’m still not as sick to my tummy as I was with my last pregnancy.
In it’s place, I’m experiencing pain from an impacted wisdom tooth. (YUCK!) My oral surgeon is telling me he won’t touch it until I’m in my second trimester, so I wait.
If you think of it, please say a prayer for me, as this is causing a good deal of pain most days.
Our big news this last week was this:
I sent Emma to Joshua (the resident tooth-puller), and she returned not only missing one tooth, but two.
He said the second was really loose (which I knew)….I just wasn’t expecting them to both be gone at once!
Actually, her top two teeth are also wiggly. He told me he would be glad to remove those as well, if I would like. O_O
- Please remember many families hit hard by last night’s storms. My Mom called from her house. She’s been trying to get home for more than two hours and hasn’t yet found a way they will let traffic into her neighborhood. Thankfully, she and her home are safe, but many are not.
- I know several ladies dealing with recent miscarriages. I’m sure they would appreciate you thoughts and especially, prayer.
Today I’m Thankful For
- We’ve almost cleaned off our everyday school shelves (not to be confused with the library shelves full of books…that project will just have to wait for another time!)
- Carrot beds were weeded today and waiting for seeds. If I can get them to grow, I think I might try juicing (don’t gasp!).
- My sweet husband. I’m not going to share details, but his devotion to our family continues to astound me. He’s not perfect, but he acts like a grown-up, which is more than I can say for so many men I see! He is focused on providing for our family, not only financially, but spiritually as well. I am blessed, and undeserving.
- I found my missing fabric!
- Barbara’s letter (*smile* I’m still hoping you’ll find your way for a visit!!)
Today’s Scripture Mediation
“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” James 1:5 NIV
With my love,