Only SEVEN days until my birthday!!! *smile*
I’m not sure why that is so exciting. We really don’t have anything big planned, but, it’s my birthday, and birthdays are just fun. : )
Well, we’ve been sewing!
I’m so glad….for some reason, pulling out the sewing machine and playing with fabric just makes this new house feel even more like home!
My Mom’s birthday was last week (Happy Birthday MOM!! I love you!!!)).
We found an old rubber water bottle in the house when we moved here last January.
Courtney and I used some pink gingham and a little embroidery to create this:
I was really thrilled with the whole project. Mom is still healing (and doing great- thank you for the prayers!), but it is still slow for her and I know her feet still hurt at the end of the day.
I thought it would be nice for her to sit and relax with an ice pack or warm water to soothe her feet.
It came together pretty quickly (the embroidery took a little longer). It was a fun project.
Next, was a peasant skirt for Emma. Courtney actually made this one from scrap fabrics we had around the house:
Emma loves it and wore it to church on Sunday. —-Good thing too! She needed something really feminine to make up for the shiner she’s sporting these days:
Jessa’s circle skirt was completed on Saturday.
I think the closest I’ve come to a full circle skirt is Courtney’s wrap skirt a few years ago. I had forgotten how much fabric these take–still, they are so sweet! Especially, when you see little girls twirling out in the sunshine.
Little girls were made to twirl. : )
- Our family as we work on various group projects
- My Mother has a doctor appointment today
- They Young family and continued healing for Mark
Today I’m Thankful For
- Lots of rain=happy plants
- The sound of little ones playing piano in the next room
- Homemade salsa delivered by a very special neighbor– can you say “yum!!”
- A weekend party and a chance to sit and visit with family I haven’t seen for many years
- God’s never-failing grace in my life (I fail and I make so many mistakes- His forgiveness and understanding are never-ending)
Today’s Scripture Meditation
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7, NIV
With my love,