We’re preparing for new chicks! Twenty-six of them to be exact!!
They are supposed to be here by February 1st.
I hadn’t even thought about them until yesterday when I happened to glance down at my calendar.
I have a list of supplies which need to be assembled. I don’t want one of those, “I had to place my chicks in the oven when they arrived” stories!
It sounds funny…but I’m serious.
I can just see someone coming to pre-heat the oven for dinner. The whole thing paints a picture in my mind. I just don’t want to go there!!
I’m finishing the March 2006 blog archives this morning.
It’s been nice to see reminders of times past. At times, I’ve thought about leaving the blog world. I’m so glad I haven’t. There are memories recorded here that I’m not so sure I would have recorded without this kind of accountability.
- We’ve had a massive bug going through our home. It started on Tuesday. Over half my family is sick, the latest being Paul who showed up here this morning from a business trip. He’s been asleep for hours now. Please pray that everyone recovers quickly!
- Preparations for an upcoming birthday party
- A situation in my extended family- I can’t really share additional details but it’s been painful to live through.
Today I’m Thankful For
- The rooster crowing just outside the office window
- A beautiful, sunny, January day!
- Progress being made to transition the old blog archives- FINALLY!
- My sweet husband being home
- New chickens arriving soon
Today’s Scripture Meditation
“Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” – James 4:10
With my love,