If you had told me two years ago, or even one year ago, that we would have still been cleaning this house, I would have laughed!
Yet, here we are!
This week, Paul has been home ALL WEEK!! For those who know us personally, you know how unusual this is for our family. We have soaked up every single minute with him.
When other men would have been home with their feet up, probably watching television, Paul has been working around our home.
Yesterday, found him repairing a blinker on the truck, returning an item to a friend, and taking me to buy remaining supplies we needed for the floor we’re installing.
The day before, we took a HUGE load of all sorts of things to the thrift store.
This morning, he was up bright and early, loading a trailer full of items from the basement to go to the metal recycling center.
The children have stuck by his side, chatting and telling him all their latest happenings. Everyone is working with a smile, just glad to be by their papa’s side! I’m smiling knowing my driveway and (part of), the basement will be, ~at last~ CLEAN!
(Do you hear the choir singing?!!)
Even not feeling my best, it has been a GREAT week with him here so much. We have needed this time.
O.K…..today’s flooring update:
This is after 2 coats of polyurethane. We’ve got the timer set to re-coat every four hours. We’re thinking by the end of the day, we should have a total of five coats on the floor.
Until then, the littles are living it up in the living room:
They are having the time of their lives! How often do you get to set up camp in your living room??
- Paul, as we pray for the Lord’s direction now that he has finished his degree
- My family and this little bug that I seem to have
Today I’m Thankful For
- A house that is literally, lighter with so much junk GONE!
- Hey! I’m on top of things this time….I’m already beginning to pack my hospital bag (aren’t you proud, Christy??). For once, I’m not waiting until the last minute.
- Progress we’ve made in our home in recent weeks. There is just something about new paint that makes me happy!
- Happy children, a loving husband, and a forgiving Father. I am one blessed woman.
…..and then there is this little gem that arrived today:
Shhhhhh!!!!! We’re not telling Papa until tonight. 🙂
We had a special dinner and Courtney made him a cake:
Wishing you a joyful home and sweet fellowship today….